For Spring/Summer 18 Stella McCartney launches her first complete men’s swim collection with a new range that continuous to explore the relationship between the Stella woman and the Stella man. Reflecting Stella’s signature designs in ready-to-wear, the new swim styles feature graphic detailing, contrasting texture and effortless silhouettes.
The collection includes a comprehensive offering of boxers, briefs, polo’s, t-shirts, linen shirting, towels, rash guards, beach bags and a poncho to take the Stella man poolside and beachside. Staying true to Stella’s commitment to sustainability, the swimwear range includes the use of organic cotton and recycled nylon.
The perfect boxer; luxurious, comfortable and practical comes in three styles a short, mid-thigh and long length. Available in soft cotton, jersey or recycled nylon, the colour palette includes shades of lavender, yellow, blush pink and bottle green. The varied palette continuous with styles in burgundy, electric blue and hot orange. The range has no shortage of patterns and includes an animal print for the adventurous, bold tropical prints from the ready-to-wear collection, star embroidery and a geometric pattern that mimics a silk scarf. Coulored mountaineering cords are looped through everything.
Organic cotton polo’s and t-shirts come in lavender, white and yellow block colours, whilst linen and cotton mix short and long sleeve button down shirts appear in a birds of paradise print. A post surf lavender poncho inspires toweling within the collection and sits alongside an animal print towel. The surf inspiration continues with an Aloha tropical print rash guard and canvas bags.
The natural canvas bag comes in two styles, a large tote and drawstring bag pursuing Stella’s passion for ethical and environmental practices. Each bag is created in partnership with the Ethical Fashion Initiative’s Kenyan hub, the project focuses on reducing global poverty and each step of the process is socially and environmentally responsible.
- The swim collection continues the experimentation, creating the boxer-inspired shape in three variations of short, medium length and long with a back pocket and mountaineering cord used as a drawstring. Each style developed to be comfortable and practical with an effortless silhouette.
- Cover Me: Cover-ups become pieces that are too good for the beach alone. Long sleeved, short sleeved and button downs in lightweight cotton voile offer stylish protection in both print and block colours.
- From the Surf: A post-surf poncho gets the Stella treatment in lavender featuring a large circular logo. A practical piece of surf and swimming equipment, the rash guard, gets a playful tweak. Available in a tropical print or contrasting blues with scalloped seams.
- Wild Nights, Scarves & Stars: Animal print injects some subtle humour into the collection. the print comes in bottle green or dark grey. A geometrical print in peach and navy variations mimic silk scarves whilst stars are embroidered onto bottle green and navy trunks.
- Paradise Prints: A bird of paradise print in black or sand is borrowed from the women’s Pre’18 ready-to-wear collection for 50’s inspired shaped button down shirts and shorts.
- Beach Bag: Natural canvas bags come in two styles. Each bag is created in partnership with the Ethical Fashion Initiative’s Kenyan hub. The cotton for the bags originates from East African farms and is woven in Kenya where artisans then custom dye and screen print the Stella logo before hand-stitching the bag together. The project focuses on reducing global poverty.
The price range for the collection is £155 to £255 for a boxer, from £145 to £165 for t-shirts and from £215 and £235 for shirts and from £205 to £235 for rash guards.
Available from January 2018 in Stella McCartney boutiques and online at stellamccartney.com. Additionally, the collection will be stocked at select department and specialty stores including Harrods, Matches and Mr Porter.
About Stella McCartney
Stella McCartney is a luxury lifestyle brand that was launched under the designer’s name in 50/50 partnership with Kering in 2001. Stella’s approach to design emphasizes sharp tailoring, natural confidence and sexy femininity. A lifelong vegetarian, Stella McCartney does not use any leather or fur in her designs. The brand is committed to ethical values, and believes the company is responsible for the resources it uses and the impact it has on the environment. It is therefore constantly exploring innovative ways to become more sustainable, from design to store practices and product manufacturing. Stella McCartney offers women’s ready-to-wear, menswear, accessories, lingerie, swimwear, kids, fragrance and adidas by Stella McCartney collections through 51 free-standing stores including London, New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Paris, Milan and Shanghai. Her collections are distributed in 77 countries through 863 doors including specialty shops, and department stores, as well as shipping to 100 countries online. For additional information, please visit: www.stellamccartney.com.
About ISA Spa
ISA Spa is one of the world’s leading textile manufacturer for clothing, soft accessories underwear, beachwear and activewear for the luxury market. The Headquarters are at Lentate sul Seveso, in the north of Milan, Italy, in a territory that has always been well known for the expert production of textiles. Founded in 1959 from a road of tradition, competence, evolution and passion, ISA Spa is part of the Carisma Group, and with the recent acquisition of Simonetta, a leader company in the childrenswear, ISA Spa is reinforcing its Italian roots. A tradition that today has become an expertise with an important production structure that works every single process: from dyeing, printing, finishing, packaging, and evolved into the leading supplier, manufacturer and distributor for the major luxury brands globally. ISA Spa collaborates with over 40 luxury brands, as well as other national and international luxury B2B brands.Download pdf